Thursday, September 11, 2008

On Vacation

Tomorrow is my last day of work before heading up to the family cottage ......
for some Laurentian Mountain autumn splendor......

It has been a very long time since I've really had a relaxing break. I hope that the first week will be one of reading and relaxing.

The second week will be a bit more active as my friend Jim will be joining me and we'll go on adventure side trips to places like Montreal ....

Chateau Montebello (the world's largest "log cabin") .......

..... and Mt. Tremblant....

9 comments:

Dale said...

Oh Lesley!
Can I come too?

Hope you enjoy your break at the lake. Those photos bring me home.

xx

Anne-Marie said...

Have a great time!

xx
AM

Lannio said...

Hey Dale, Sure! Come and join us!

Hopefully I'll be posting some of my own photos after the vacation.

Hey AM, Thanks! Want any Quebec wine or beer or anything else while I'm there? Sirop D'erables peut etre?

Vallypee said...

Ah, Lesley, what gorgeous photos! And what a lovely break you're going to be having! Wish I was coming as well....it all looks so incredibly beautiful. Enjoy the rest!

Anne-Marie said...

Thanks, Lesley, but I think we took all the sirop out of the south shore on our way back. Have fun!

xx
AM

MargieCM said...

Oh my goodness, I am turning green with envy. That cottage! it looks like something out of a fairytale. And with such scenery, and fabulous places to visit further afield ... (swallows hard.)

Have a wonderful break Lesley - it is well deserved.

Vallypee said...

Did your break come up to expectations Lesley? Would love to see some photos if you have them. You live in such a rich country as far as scenic splendour goes. One day I shall visit...I've promised myself that!

Mary Beth said...

It looks like a lot of fun. :) Tremblant isn't that far, but I've never been. Hope you had a great time! :)

grace said...

Oh those pictures are beautiful. Hoping your vacation is/was wonderful.