Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ghostly Thoughts

How old do you think you'll be when you die?
88 – one year for each key on a piano

How will you die?
In my sleep

What will your last words be?
Thank you

What will your epitaph read?
Beneath this silent stone is laid,

A noisy, antiquated babe,

Who from her cradle, sang till death,

And ne'er before was out of breath.

Any parts of your body you wouldn't donate?
Yup, my vocal chords

What song will be played at your funeral?
In Paradisum and Sanctus, from Gabriel Fauré's requiem, preferably a recording done by me and the U of O choir

Cremated, buried or "other"?
Cremated and tossed into the country wind.

If you could take one thing with you to the "next life", what would it be?
Any wisdom I’ve learned here and … my vocal chords

If you could take one person with you, whether they like it or not, who would it be?
The love of my life who is up there and hopefully waiting for me

Supposing they existed, do you think you'd end up in heaven or hell?
My version of heaven. Not anyone else’s that may have been interpreted for me and for society in general.

If you could haunt any one place, where would it be?
Lake MacDonald, down the road from Lost River


If you could haunt any one person, who would it be?
Mick Jagger


What type of ghost would you be?
A ghost as friendly as Casper with lots of sweetness and light

You've been given the chance to send one message back to the land of the living. What does it say?
You're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday

11 comments:

Vallypee said...

Ah Lesley, this is great! I love the focus on music and your singing. That is so much you.

I found the person you would take very poignant, though, and I'm sure the wait will be worth it. Your message to the living is brilliant!

This has been fun hasn't it? I think it has said quite a bit about the individuals xxx

Anne-Marie said...

Great post, Lesley. I think I'll do some more structured procrastination and do my own. ;)

xx
AM

grace said...

Hi Lesley, I really liked the last 2 best!

xx

ROB said...

Hi Lannio:
Thanks for popping by!
Good answers you came up with. I especially liked the Haunting Mick Jagger one. He's a pretty scary guy those; even as a ghost he might get the better of you so be careful:)

Thanks for the compliments of my pics too. I'm no photography, believe me. Anyone could take a great picture in Yosemite Valley.
I'm living proof!

Rob

Mary Beth said...

I love your epitaph and you last words! Haunting Mick Jagger will be pretty interesting...maybe you will meet up with Keith Richards...I think he's already dead but somebody forgot to tell him. :)

Dale said...

Good thing you don't sing to a guitar accompaniment...

Yes, Lake MacDonald.

I can just see poor Mick looking worriedly over his shoulder - "who the heck is that?"

Vallypee said...

I'd like to haunt Mick Jagger too, but I expect it wouldn't be for the same reason...lol.

Mary Beth, I think you're right about KR. It would be so sad if her knew...shame hey? ;-)

Stevie said...

Ah I loved Casper! I wish I had gotten SCott to play for you while you were here, and would have loved to have heard you sing! NExt visit: karaoke!

MargieCM said...

Haha - so what's Mick ever done to you? (Or is it that you wish he had?)

I love your list Lesley; thoughtful, heartfelt and mischievous too. It's a nice combination.

gypsy noir said...

OOh!, Lesley, you're going to be the lady of the lake!..singing her beautiful song as she glides whistfully skimming the spakling watery surface..
But do drop by the castle once in a while...you can be the star turn at the partys yay!..

Vallypee said...

Oh yes, Gypsy, Lesley can be our very own diva!