Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Going West ....

I am preparing to go West ..... about 2,000 miles or so to visit my sister and do a bit of work as well.

After my visit with Dale, and before I begin my conference I am going to spend a night in Banff, Canada's largest national park (and the world's third oldest national park). In doing so, I have decided to splurge for a night and stay at one of Canada's most magnificant hotels .... The Chateau Lake Louise. Normally the price is outrageous, however, in the off-season I am able to get a reduced rate, paying about $200 less for the night than I normally would. I think I deserve it - after all those hundreds of nights I've stayed at youth hostels.
Here are some pics. Hopefully when I'm there there'll be good weather so I can post some of my own.

13 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh, what a beautiful place! Have a wonderful stay in the hotel. I'm sure it will have lots of history and charm!

Anne-Marie said...

Have a fantastic trip, my dear. I think you totally deserve to splurge on the fancy hotel.

Give your sister lots of love!

xx
AM

Stevie said...

GOod for you Les... see you this week!

grace said...

It looks magnificent! Those pictures are beautiful, enjoy and have fun.

xx

Vallypee said...

What a gorgous looking place Lesley! Hope you have a great conference and enjoy the surroundings to the enth! Lots of love to Dale. xxx

MargieCM said...

Yes, you deserve it, and a wonderful Thanksgiving too. Revel in the luxury of a grand hotel and a loving family. Mmmmm ....

gypsy noir said...

Have a wonderful time.and Thanksgiving weekend, .
That hotel sounds fabulous but then you deserve the best..
hugs to you and give Dale one from me..x..

Dale said...

there will be snow...

Dale said...

I can't wait!

Beth, Bobby and Jenny will all be waiting for you with us.

We thought we might do tea and dessert on Saturday afternoon in front of the fireplace at Storm Mountain Lodge.

Lannio said...

Sounds awesome! I can't wait. I actually have my packed bags in my office right now. Woah Hoah!

Storm Mountain Lodge sounds like a great idea. I also have ideas for a fondue dinner.

Snow? It's sunny and in the 20s here. Actually its getting up to 30 again on the week-end with lots of sunshine. It'll be a shock to my system to face your cold weather.

I (seriously) pulled a quad muscle curling, but am still good to walk for miles.

Lannio said...

Thanks all for the well wishes. I'm sure we'll have a fanstastic time. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dale and my extended family.

MargieCM said...

How's it all going Lesley?

Anonymous said...

Hope You've had a grand time Lesley!