Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Glad to be leaving town for awhile ….

…. Probably with my tail between my legs because today I had a double whammy of memories and regurgitated pain.

First I got an email from Barry, with whom I spent all that time in the Thousand Island area. He was telling me how wonderful life was and how he and his latest flame are really getting along. And, then, three hours later, I was walking down the street and on the other sidewalk was my last flame, Stephen, walking hand-in-hand with some woman who obviously has his “fancy”. We looked straight at each other for quite awhile and then he turned away and kept on walking. Perhaps I’m just feeling lonely, but to have some sort of contact with the two people who really broke my heart within hours is very jarring! And on the same day, when I haven’t had contact with either of them in months or years!!!!!

I’ve been joking with friends that I’m going down to Port Dover on the week-end to pick-up a biker friend. Well now maybe I just WILL! Well, either that or just cry. No, no, I won’t cry, I won’t!

I’ll just carry on and be glad that I’m not totally alone. I do have friends and I’ll be seeing a bunch of them tomorrow! Then I’ll lift my chin up, smile and maybe have the good fortune to find somebody who will like me and not leave me.

Sorry for the depressing post, but life can’t always be sunshine and smooth sailing. Actually, that would be quite boring because we wouldn’t learn as much about ourselves or others.

Have a good few upcoming days. I’ll be off-line for them (perhaps checking out the bikes and other scenery - lol).

ps: on Friday the 13th, bikers converge on the town of Port Dover, a little sleepy town that lies on the shores of Lake Erie.

11 comments:

Dale said...

I hope you have a great time in Port Dover - will you be visiting Anne-Marie?

In your heart, wish your old flames well.
Be happy that they are happy.

You have moved forward and followed your own path, as well.
That path is no less meaningful, even if you're not sharing it with a partner.

Some time away will shed a different light on things - it always does.

Have a great holiday.

Love
Dale

Lannio said...

I'm actually going down with her. And what you say is true - I have moved on - but I've been really jarred to have this all happen within such a short time-frame. Guess I better pack some of my sexier outfits (lol).

Stevie said...

Sorry Dale, but...
Hell no. You don't have to wish them well. Deep down you and I and we all know you would never wish them any harm or evil, but just for now, you are allowed to think, "Gee, he looked like he was balding." or "I wonder if that hallitosis is undercontrol yet?" or perhaps "He was nice enough, but dammit, I am worth a dozen of him and I am going to wait for that amazing man that I AM going to meet, who will treat me as I deserve to be treated and loved."
Stick that in your pipes and smoke it Barry and Stephen.
Have too much fun in Port Dover, wear something fabulous, and exude happiness and self confidence in a way that will make everyone do a doubletake at the fabulous woman you are.
xx
S

MargieCM said...

Ouch! Someone's not being fair sending you a double whammy like that.

But even if you're generous enough to wish them well, know that you're worth more and hold your head up high.

Enjoy your break with confidence and a determination to enjoy it to the full.

Dale said...

Steph - tried that.
It takes up too much of my valuable energy. With my brand of Karma, I'm going to put as much good stuff out there as I can...and mean it.
We can secretly be glad who we are, but I don't believe we should wish ill on others - including balding...;)
I'm dealing with this right now, too, with my separation. The kids are being fed negative tings about me, but I refuse to do the same. It might not bode well for me right now, but it will pay off in the future.
A lesson in patience.

Ok enough preaching...it's a beautiful day that promises to be hothothot!

Dale said...

LOL

I'm not dealing with balding, though...

Dale said...

whatever negative "tings" are...

ian gordon said...

Well, first of all I know that double wammy feeling quite well.

I remember being in a rather crowded place when someone told me a person I'd been deeply involved with only the year before was now married and living in another county. It can hit hard just how quickly some people "move on". But I guess if they manage to do that then it proves the relationship wasn't the right one in the first place.

Enjoy your vacation!

I've not been around people's blogs for quite a while; determined to keep my head down and plough through the work. I should make an effort to make contact again with all before too long.

Cheers for now.

gypsy noir said...

Lesley, your best revenge is happiness..it can be quite a claw along the gut when faced with these things , but you will shine through..your a good person..
have a great weekend at the biker bash..
'YOU GO GIRL!!!!!'

Stevie said...

Dale, I went through something similar with my kids' dad... and it was very worth not saying nasty things in spite of him doing it to me.... so I am full agreement with you. Good for you staying so positive. It is hard to do.
:)
But I do admit I am on occasion able to to sink down a wee bit of pettiness... only in private, or with trusted friends, and I never really mean it!

grace said...

No, no don't cry. Sorry you are feeling blue. But go out and have a great time, forget all that stuff!! Enjoy yourself...

xx