Friday, September 21, 2007

My lunch with Steve and Dan

This morning I had tonnes of work to do and smashed thru it like construction worker with a jack hammer. So, when lunchtime rolled around I decided to take a walk in the warm 25C temperature under sunny skies.

For some reason I decided to venture into BCE Place and see what type of food and merchandise offerings they had. ....

Well to my surprise, there were lots of people standing around a stage and listening to someone sing and play guitar. I couldn't identify who it was but figured it had to be someone "big" or else there wouldn't be the large number of people gathered. I was curious so I walked closer and identified a popular song coming from the sound system. Aha! it was a barenaked lady.... Steven Page, the band's lead singer to be exact! Wow .... what a surprise. So, I loitered in front of the stage swaying to the music (Brian Wilson, If I had a Million Dollars etc...) and then was surprised once again when Steven asked Dan Ackroyd to came on stage to play and sing with him!


I think I better take more lunchtime walks.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I didn't know Dan Ackroyd could sing...

Soooooo, did you ever get back to work?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lesley, what a stroke of luck. That was a lunchtime to remember wasn't it? Did they put on a good show? I didn't know Dan Ackroyd could sing either, but I think I would have been bursting to rush back to work andtell everyone after that! More than just a pleasant surprise ;-)

Lannio said...

Ah ha, its amazing what you discover from reading other blogs. Dan doesn't sing that well, but plays a mean harmonica - after all he and John Belushi were the Blues Brothers - who recorded a few albums a few decades ago.

Anne-Marie said...

I never have lunch hours like these. We did once get all excited when the lead singers of the Cranberries (Dolores O' Reardon?) came to our school for a curriculum evening because her stepchild was a student.
The mayor's daughter is here this year too, and you know how he likes to come out like a regular guy and cheer on his kids.

Have a great weekend! Can you believe this summer weather? *swoon*

xx
AM

Mary Beth said...

Wow! What a lucky day...and free entertainment too! I am definitely jealous....

Vallypee said...

It is amazing what you learn from blogging isn't it? Hope you get some more nice lunchtime surprises this week, Lesley xx

Stevie said...

so cool!

grace said...

Wow, very cool! I have not had such luck on a lunchtime walk.

Dale said...

Rachel!

The BLUES BROTHERS!!

Dale said...

I'd still buy Kraft Dinner...

Dale said...

but a real green dress
that's cruel

gypsy noir said...

You lead such a show bizz life style..:0)

Unknown said...

Yes, Dale, I know the Blues Brothers! Great movie, too. I'll do penance later.

I've been working much to much and too hard and my brain is tired....I could use a nice relaxing lunch hour walk....for about a week...:)

Watch the news coming out of the Clinton Global Initiative tomorrow. I suspect in the next day or so Earthpark will hit the international wires...