Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Quick Word From The Valley

Hi!

Calgary was a warm reprieve from the snow and cold that I left on Wednesday morning in Toronto. I was actually walking around with no coat on yesterday before heading over the gorgeous Rocky Mountains to the Rocky Mountain Trench in British Columbia. The drive from Calgary was breathtaking. I could actually feel my heart racing and tears almost welling up in my eyes at such beauty. The drive through the rockies was so spectacular that it was exhausting - because everywhere I looked there was an awesome and really overwhelming view.

The drive down to the Rocky Mountain trench was interesting because as I started to approach Radium Hot Springs there was fog everywhere. That thick kind of pea soup fog that is usually associated with London, England. I thought that it was only because the cold air was clashing with the warm outdoor thermal springs ... however that wasn't it. The entire valley was socked in with it so it made for a very interesting drive during the last few kilometres of the trip.

Having a relaxing day today with Sister Dale and family and off to the ski hills tomorrow.

Yippee!

9 comments:

Vallypee said...

Have a wonderful trip Lannio! Give your big sis a hug for me too. xx Val

Unknown said...

Oops! Said hello on Dale's blog! But what Val said!

Stevie said...

Hey, we should have a cup of tea tonight... or dare I say... a beer!

Stevie said...

Of course I mean all three of us!

Mary Beth said...

I hope you're having a great trip, Lesley! It certainly sounds like it so far anyway.

By the way, I liked your Valentine's Day posting. David and I sort of boycott the day, seeing it as consumerism rather than a so called 'important' day to say you love someone. If someone has someone, they should show each other they love them year 'round. None of that Valentine's crap. You go, girl!

Anne-Marie said...

Glad to read you're having a lovely time. And here I thought you were coming home today.

Have fun!

grace said...

xo grace

Dale said...

Welcome Home, Lesley!

Anne-Marie said...

Welcome home!