Monday, May 14, 2007

I Don't Know How To Love Him

OK guys -

At the end of March, I sang a solo in a church and didn't know it was being recorded on the lousy sound system. (I was doing a lot of arm motions to eliminate distortion and actually at times had the microphone right at my lips and at other times a full arm length away))

A friend of mine sent me the recorded song and I thought I'd be brave and share it with you blogging friends. While it's not technically perfect, I thought it would be nice to have you hear my actual voice (albeit singing).

Click onto the link here: Song

We communicate usually via written word. But last month I took delight in hearing Gypsy give a narrative on her blog. That post gave me the idea (and bravery) to post this.

Thanks to Ian for his instructional help. While I wasn't able to post it to my sidebar, I seemed to have been clever enough to figure out how to put it in the actual post.

Hope you enjoy it and ignore all the singing flaws!

xx

ps: it was pretty much unrehearsed

9 comments:

ian gordon said...

Cool!

(This option also gives your fans the right click, "save target as" download facility!)

String said...

Hey that was sweet! You sound like you are about 20! It was quite moving...reminding me of the beauty and variety so many have on this planet!

Suesjoy said...

WOW!
Beautiful - I love your voice.
You DO sound very young! (not that you're old - your my age har har har).
This is one of my all time fave songs.
I was little when JC Superstar came out and my friends and I would sing the entire album.
I was very Catholic at the time LOL.
Oh Sue, wha happened????

THANK YOU for the lyrics on my blog!
I got a little teary!
You are so perceptive - yup I know how she felt.
Take care my dear!
-Suexx

Anne-Marie said...

Fantastic! With a voice like that, it's not that brave, you know!!!

Lannio said...

Thanks guys. I've been told that the youth aspect to my singing voice is actually a lyric quality. I may not be young in years, but sure am in my mind (and now I guess I can say in my voice too..)

Vallypee said...

Lannio! That was beautiful! I've just downloaded it so you are on my iTunes now, but before I looked at the other comments, I was saying to Koos how incredibly young you sound, and what a truly lovely voice you have. I really like the fact that you can sing both sweetly and with a 'bit of welly' as we say in SA. Fantastic range. I mean this most sincerely.

Don't tell her I said so, but you could give Rachel Fuller a run for her money ;-)

And a lovely song too!

gypsy noir said...

Woweeh!! lesley that was absolutley beautiful, you can sure hold a tune..very sweet-was it helen reddy that sang it originally from jc superstar?..

encore-encore!!..

grace said...

That was awesome! Beautiful voice. I really enjoyed it. Jesus Christ Superstar is one of my favourite movies, saw the play this past December with original, Jesus, Ted Neeley. Love that song.

Bravo!!!

grace said...

gypsy - Yvonne Ellimon.