Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sunshine, Siestas and Sandals

Those three words nicely describe my week away. I couldn’t have asked for anything better (well except for the speeding ticket I got on the way back to Toronto).

Literally, I don’t think that I’ve been in need of a holiday more than I did. I also couldn’t believe how much I slept - often ten hour nights along with afternoon siestas.

Another big surprise was the weather. The week started off being sunny with temperatures around 20 to 23, but then they climbed up to 28, 30 and 30 respectively! I hadn't planned for that and had to go and buy some cheap sandals so I could liberate my toes.

It was nice to see my friends on the Victoria Day holiday week-end (last week-end) and then visit with my parents in the mountains after that. I’m now in that holiday to work transition mode as I ready myself for the first day on the job this Monday. Hummm, next week I may feel like I need another holiday.

12 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Welcome back!

Sorry about the speeding ticket, but it sounds like the time away was the perfect tonic.

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

Shame about the speeding ticket Lesley! I'm so glad you'd had a good holiday though. At least it must have made it a little less awful. Sounds as if your time away was just the medicine you needed before starting your new job. good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you! xx

Mary Beth said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Hopefully the OPP didn't ruin it totally!!

Obviously you needed the vacation, if you slept so much. That's always a sign. Good luck tomorrow at the new job!

gypsy noir said...

Good luck in the new job!..
Speeding ticket?.you rebel you..

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to get away for a while? Out with the old and mentally prepare for the new. It sure sounds like you had a nice relaxing time...too bad about the ticket, tho.

Best of luck at the new job. Not that you'll need luck so much. Just wear those red eelskin shoes and knock their socks off!

Dale said...

Hi Lesley!

Good to hear you feel rested and ready to tackle the first day of your new job.

How did it go?

I've been finding my own self a bit sleep deprived lately, but last night I had a 9 hour sleep and I feel wonderful this morning.

How are Mum and Dad?
I miss them...

Lannio said...

Hi it's "Lead foot" popping in.

Thanks for your wishes. I started the job, and it looks like it will be challenging and loaded with activity. I have a nice view of Lake Ontario and Toronto Island (yeah). There's a steep learning curve so I feel like I've returned to school for awhile (in a matter of speaking).

L

Vallypee said...

Hi Lesley! How's 'school' today? Seriously, I do hope you're enjoying your new job, dear.

Stevie said...

Ah, it's all good Lesley... we all need to get a speeding ticket once and a while. Means we have retained just a little of the rebel in us!
;)
Glad you had a good holiday, and glad you are headed into an exciting new job!

Unknown said...

Hey Lead Foot!

Hope the job is going well and you're not feeling too overwhelmed...

...nah, I bet you're loving it!

When things get to be a bit much, just click your heels together three times and say: I love my job. I love my job. I love my job....You may end up somewhere in Kansas, but hey, there are worse places....;)

Unknown said...

Well...maybe not in June....

Vallypee said...

How's the work going Lesley? You must be very busy since you've been very quiet! Thinking of you!