Monday, May 07, 2007

The New Job

OK. I've had time to breathe after a busy and wonderful week-end with friends.

The new job will be working as a Communications Manager (with two staff) at a not-for-profit organization dealing with Copyright issues on published works, while moving slowly into electonic works. All this having to do with intellectual property. It will be a challenging position where I'll have to deal with external stakeholders, the media and issues management. Its a good thing that I'll also have five weeks vacation (amazing for North American standards) and a good health plan!

I'll be looking forward to the change as my current job isn't that challenging.

I find that I'm quite exhausted and will try to get some time off between the two jobs to recharge my batteries a little.

6 comments:

ian gordon said...

This sounds very interesting. And I'm sure all the writers in blogsville will be picking your brains about the copyright laws.

I know you've been looking for something "new" for a while, so this is great news.

Chris Capp said...

Congratulations and all the best as you start this new position! Sounds like fascinating [and important!] work. New challenges are always good. Glad the timing of the jobs worked out well, too.

Best,
Chris

Mary Beth said...

Congrats, Lesley! David being a patent agent, he knows all about the Intellectual Property field. It sounds like an interesting job, and you certainly can't be 5 weeks vacation!! Way to go!

Vallypee said...

That sounds terrific, Lesley, and very interesting too. Well done, great news indeed, dear, and you deserve it after the stress of all those interviews!

Anne-Marie said...

Lesley,
I'm so happy for you- I know you wanted the changed and the timing is perfect!

I hope you get to enjoy a small break in between.

gypsy noir said...

Good luck in your new job..
well done!!..