Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIS

... otherwise known as "Thank God it's summer"!

I can hardly believe that July is almost upon us. This means that both Canada and the U.S.A. will be celebrating their birthdays.

On July 1st, Canada will be 141 years old (nothing compared to the motherlands of Europe - but still old for a child). People will be lighting up barbecue grills, fireworks and campfires all over the nation while consuming some of the nation's most popular beverages - namely beer and hoards of food.

My office is closed on Monday, the day preceding the holiday, so I've decided to take the entire week off along with (today) this Friday. In about an hour I head up to Quebec to spend some days with my folks but will only be there for about five days as I am going to begin the installation of insulation in my basement on Thursday.

My goal this summer is to complete one basement room from top to bottom and have the entire basement insulated. In September I'm also having my roof done.

sigh .... all good stuff to do, but no serious travel for me this year.

See ya'll when I get back

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Have a fun time!

No insulation here for me, but I finished our tiling with Austin and will be doing the grouting on Monday. I am turning into a chick with tools.

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

Good luck with all the plans, Lesley! I also have renovations to do in my little house, not to mention the ongoing plans on the boat...chicks with tools rule!!!

Dale said...

Hey Lesley, it sounds like a lot of work, but it's a labour of love and that makes it easier and much more fun.
It's been pretty busy here on the homefront, but all good.

Have a great time with Mum and Dad!

Love
Dale

MargieCM said...

Ohh noooo - I came to say hello and here you are making me feel inadequate again. There's so much renovation, DIY-ing and practical talent on these blogs!

I was starting to feel on top of things here, but now Mads is at Uni she has cleared out the childhood clutter of her room and now it's all in our main living area in various piles. Bags for the Charity shops, boxes of memories she doesn't value (yet) but I do, and a million other things. Back to Square One!

You have good plans though, and I WILL be inspired!

141 years, eh? Like us Downunder, just a youngster. Happy celebrating.