Monday, August 17, 2009

A typical summer sight


This summer has, in my opinion, been lovely. But the weather has been weird. This picture has been a usual sight. Rainbows, sun and dark clouds all mixed together in one picture. The hot and humid weather that Toronto is famous for has held off until this week. It was the perfect week-end to relax on the beached shores of Lake Eerie with Anne-Marie's brother and sister!

Tomorrow I'm off to the Cedar Oasis and then a day trip to Kingston and Wolfe Island (the largest of the 1000 islands). I've snatched Jim's camera so I hope to get some nice shots (I can't find my battery recharger!!). Perfect timing and weather to get away from this heat and humidity to spend more quality time with special friends.

8 comments:

Dale said...

Oh, have fun Lesley!

This has been one of the best summers I can remember - heat or no.
I love the rainbow against the dark clouds - very beautiful.

Have fun at 1000 Islands!

xx

Dale said...

I also like your new look. How bold of you.
It's very... refreshing!

I've tried changing mine, but I'm afraid I like the black dots too much.
lol

Lannio said...

Thanks, sometimes you just need to mix it up a bit!

String said...

I like the look too! Weather has been strange here as well...not really any warm days and lots of rain....

Anne-Marie said...

Have a great time! I'll see you when we're back from SF!

xx
AM

grace said...

Like the new blog too.
Great rainbow shot. Have a good time.

Tink said...

What a beautiful rainbow! Nice shot, Lesley.

Sorry that I haven't posted! I was by your place week before last --- reading, getting a feel for you and the things you love.

Did you change your blog face since week before last? I like the colors very much.

Going up to read your Wolfe Island post. :o)

xo from Tink

Vallypee said...

Beautiful rainbow Lesley! Wonderful shot, and i also like your new image. This has been a great summer here in Europe. I have no complaints about the weather either here. It's been way better than average for us!