Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas with Family

Hello! I'm now thousands of kilometres away from home sitting in my sister's kitchen looking out at the mountains which surround this long and narrow alpine-like valley. The trip across the country was long and uneventful. Upon my arrival I noticed snow on the ground. When I drove up to Dale's, her two young ones - Jenny and Bobby were out in the front yard all bundled up awaiting my arrival. When they saw me they started jumping up and down and ran up to my rented car .... now nothing can warm the heart as much as that!! Later I stayed up way too late with Dale and chatted until the wee hours of the morning.
Before leaving, I tried to get onto blogger to do a new post, but wasn't able to get on. I had reserved a parcel of time to try to do something creative - but to no avail. However...

I wish all of you a happy and healthy holiday season with your loved ones.
May it bring you joy, love and peace!
On my next post, I hope to have a picture of me and Dale .... oh, and I think we're going skiing tomorrow. It should be fun: me and my rubber legs.
A bientot mes amis ...

11 comments:

Vallypee said...

Gorgeous pics in your sidebar, Lesley! So glad you arrived safely, and give dear Dale a big hug for me. Have a wonderful holiday dear. I can't imagine spending it with anyone nicer than your wonderful sister. Looking forward to catching up with you again in the New Year. Take care with the skiing!!

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lesley,
Good to hear that you arrived safely. Please give Dale a big hug from me and have a fantastic time there.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Lannio said...

Thanks for the kind and nice words ... and Merry Christmas to you too.

Koos F said...

Lots of hugs and kisses to warm you up for Christmas, Lesley (don't keep them all for yourself. Share them with Dale. If there's need for more, just holler).
Merry Christmas in The Mountains!

Beth Rocks said...

HAha you are a loser but i guess that i can say that i love you all the same, unfortunatly lol. Humm, i am bored and too bad that u left like the kitchen mann. Hehe. Well yahh my e-mail is : shudder_deep@hotmail.com so now u can email me silly goose. yahh i am bored hahahha ok bye bye
i love you

Lannio said...

I love you too my wonderful niece. Thanks for the scenic drive around town today.

Your loving Aunt

grace said...

joy, love and peace to you too, look forward to the skiing report.

xxoo Grace

gypsy noir said...

lovely pic of you and dales children..glad you could share it with them..happy new year..x..

bookworm said...

Hi Lesley,
hope you feel good. We have no snow here in my hometown, but I hope it will be come. We want go to luge. We need snow, we need snow ...
OK. Take care.
Love and peace
Stefan

Dale said...

Hey Lesley!

You'll be flying over the prairies about now...

It was a lovely visit and all's well that ends well... :)

I miss you.

Love
Dale

Dale said...

Hi Lesley

Thanks for letting me know you made it home safe and sound - albeit rather late.

I guess it's better to be delayed five hours while they fix the mechanical problem - rather than the alternative...

You have a wonderful New Year's celebration at your Oasis!
We'll be taking it easy and skiing most days.

It's clear and minus 20... Brrrr
Going to wear my warm red suit today!
But we'll be in the sun!

Take care and we all wish you the best for 2007!

Love
Dale