Friday, December 08, 2006

Never! Never! Never!

I've been tagged to put 10 things about myself that I'll never do. I now tag the fabulous and artistic Ian, the intelligent and perseverant EL Wisty and the animal loving and photographic loving Grace. Here are my 10 things:

  1. I’ll never climb Mt. Everest. While my aim is to see it one day – I’d rather see it at the base and/or from afar.
  2. I’ll never cease to explore the world. My goal is to visit every continent and sub-continent. I love travel and can't see me ever stopping.
  3. I’ll never stop singing. Singing is one of the greatest joys in my life and something that I view as a gift, rather than a talent. Music and singing provide me with so much inspiration - not to mention stress relief.
  4. I will never stop praying for world peace.
  5. I’ll never like short winter days. While I like winter and snow – I don’t like the limited hours of sunshine.
  6. I’ll never stop loving nature, children, my friends, my family and animals (especially dogs and cats).
  7. While I love to cook, I too will never cook, eat or use liver – not even in pate. (Yes, I’m stealing this from Dale, however since we both share the same mother, I feel it only appropriate because I can relate!!)
  8. While I consider myself a Christian, believe in Jesus and go to church regularly (where I get to sing in a great choir) I'll never totally believe today’s bible is the true word of God or gospel. For me, it’s more about spirituality and the philosophical learnings of living life in today’s crazy and hectic world.
  9. I’ll never understand how some religious institutions (and fundamentalists) can be so judgmental, prejudice and unbending when religion (and life in my opinion) is supposed to be about peace, love, acceptance and understanding.
  10. I’ll never feel comfortable being in the same job for a long time. I continue to have a need to grow and challenge myself in different areas of business life. Maybe one day I'll stick with the same employer, but'll need to mix up my tasks.

This has been fun.

10 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

This is a great list. I actually know someone who climbed Everest, and I am a bit of an Everest geek, but from below.

I've made my own "I never" list, and found the exercise quite thought-provoking.

Vallypee said...

Ah yes, Lannio! I concur with all of yours too. It's amazing how many 'never's' I find I agree with. I particularly agree with your "I'll never understand religious intolerance" one....and also about singing and music. Thanks so much for doing it, dear. I've also found the other lists very thought provoking en though mine was partially quite flippant ;-)

Dale said...

I personally know someone who is now climbing the seventh of the highest peaks in the world in a row - I forget his name is Dan Griffith.
I also know another couple from Canmore who have ascended Everest more than once.

... but, with you, I chose not to.

You will Always be be the world traveler...

Your voice is truly a gift... and you will always share it.

As far as short winter days go - skiing and candles are the answer.

We live nature.

World peace begins at home.

Religion is looking out every day and doing unto others as you would have them do unto you... and believing in it.

Work... well I happen to be very lucky in a sense at everything I do... but I have to work at that, too.

:)
Dale

Dale said...

... acutally I remember that his name is Dan Griffith.

LOL

grace said...

oh my, I will make my list, I have to think about it first, make sure of myself. hmm, making me think, thanks Lannio. That's good!

gypsy noir said...

fabulous lannio..nice thoughts there..

Stevie said...

Hey, I know Dan Griffith! He and Deb live not far from us!
Small world... and my sister is from Canmore, though she has been in Exshaw for some time now.
:)
Stevie

Mary Beth said...

Oh, yuck to the liver on my side too! I don't 'do' organs. *L*

As for never knowing why religion is so judgemental...amen to that. It SHOULD be peaceful, but the institutions themselves never have been...sad, really.

Anonymous said...

4, 5, 9 and 10 I can totally relate to. What a thoughtful assortment of 'Nevers'!

Great job on your list! Mine might take a while. I'm dealing with some things right now.....

Sindy said...

Allo Lannio, s'mee Sindybin. I'se jus wanted ter say that I'se bin tagged as well an now Ise done me ten fingy's I wants ter tag Leopold too but I'se dunno where ter find im. Can you tell im fer me pleeeeeeeeze, Lannio...Is'll be your best frend..honest!