Friday, December 29, 2006

Skiing Adventure

Hi!

Well I made it safely home after spending a great time at my sister's. Here are a few pics of our Boxing Day ski adventure.


Thought I'd post this picture of Dale, Jenny and me first after the day of skiing to reassure you all that I made it through the day safely!

Dale took me to the summit, which had these signs posted on the edge of the cliff .... oh, I mean ski run


Wow! I'm actually atop Dale's ski mountain where I actually got to view 1000 peaks!


This is a picture (looking up) of the Black Diamond (expert) run that we skied down from the summit. While I used to be an expert skier, it's been 12 years since I've skied! I did get down it very slowly while my quad muscles were burning with lactic acid! (I was singing "burn baby burn" all the way down)


To give you a better perspective, here's a picture of the same run (from the same spot), looking straight down! In the distance, you may see the little dots that make up Panorama Village.

It was a great adventure - and I want to go back in February when I have to fly out west for work!

Thanks Dale

12 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Wow, that's quite the run! Too scary for me. :) How long was your ski lift ride up there?

I'm glad to hear you had a good time in the winter wonderland!!

MagicMushroom said...

WOW! Beautiful! I'm not sure if I'm a skier, i can ice-skate- but never tried to ski...but the view is magnificent!

Anne-Marie said...

Lesley,
what a great adventure! I'd be scared shitless, mind you. Give me a beach anytime- the sharks are surely easier than navigating those runs.

Looking forward to a fondue sometime soon.

ian gordon said...

great pictures.

sad to think that snow in european ski resorts could become a thing of the past...

Dale said...

Hi Lesley!

Great photos!
They bring back good memories of taking you down "Downhill"... that's the name of the run you took the pics on.
See wee Jenny doing her snowplow between the moguls?

It was so nice being able to show you my real View of 1000 Peaks in person.

I skied "The View" yesterday and we went over into "Bosnia", but the snow coverage was sketchy, to say the least - we were slaloming around thousands of knee-high pine trees near the bottom.
We did "Outer Limits", "Tree Time", "Tight Spots", "Hideaway" then "Schober's Dream" all the way into "Sun Bowl" down to the bottom of the triple chair.
Needless to say I was totally pooped come evening!

We took today off to get some work done about the house, but heading back up the mountain tomorrow.
We have no plans for New Year's Eve, except to take it easy and go to bed early in order to rest for skiing again on Monday.

Thanks for everything - you helped make our Holiday a special family celebration.
Welcome to our volatile, spunky and laughingly disfunctional family!

We wish all the best for you in 2007!

Love
Dale

Dale said...

... you'd better tell everyone that those are not all our beer glasses on the table in the bar!

Dale said...

LOL

I can see George's truck in the upper parking lot when I enlarge the bottom photo!

grace said...

Lovely pictures, sounds like a great adventure. Happy New Year

xx Grace

E.L. Wisty said...

Ewww, I'm scared of heights. I probably wouldn't dare to come down there at all - or if I did, it would be snail speed :-)

Anyway, sounds (and looks from the pictures!) like a truly fantastic adventure!

Happy new year and all the best for 2007!

Maria

gypsy noir said...

lovely pics..
im speaking from next year..
all the best..x..

Vallypee said...

Will come back and read this properly later Lannio, but just wanted to say Happy New Year! xx

Dale said...

Happy New Year, Lesley!

And love from all of us...