Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I’d like to wish all who have become friends via the blog world, a happy 2007.

What a busy holiday I've had. This afternoon, I just rolled into Toronto after spending a couple of days at "Cedar Oasis", which is a 2.5 hour drive north west. Upon my arrival friends were gathered around a game of Trivial Pursuit that I heartily joined in to help the women defeat the men! There was a little bit of snow on the ground but all the lakes, rivers and streams have open water. This is a strange phenomena as many New Years we've spend many an hour gliding across these bodies of water on skates and sleds.


Last night, however, warm weather came with rain and washed much of the snow away. The forecast for Toronto this week has temperatures all above the freezing mark and going as high as 10C!!

These two photos show the difference a few raindrops and degrees made to the landscape over the New Year's Week-end. While the snow is pretty and believe we should have it in winter. The absence of it certainly made my drive home much easier!

Here's to hoping that 2007 brings happiness, luck and ease to every one of my blog friends.

8 comments:

ian gordon said...

If all your friendships survived the game of Trivial Pursuit then they are true friends indeed. Over here it always gets so intense!

Great pictures.

Dale said...

Good to hear you made it home from your New Year's weekend safe and sound!

It dumped 15 cm at the hill last night and there was about 5 cm of fluffy white here this morning.

A chinook wind is howling through now, and it's blowing everything in the valley away...
It's now plus 4 degrees.

Your photos could be of here today from this morning till this evening.
Good comparison pics.

Take care.

Love
Dale

Vallypee said...

Sounds like the best kind of Trivial Pursuit game, Lannio.

The snow looks very pretty in the top pic, but as you say, driving is easier without it. It's amazing how warm it's been here too. The downside is that it's very grey, wet and miserable and that is my worst kind of weather.

Many thanks for your kind words on my blog dear Lannio. Have a good new year too, love Val xx

gypsy noir said...

your pictures are lovely..
hope your cold gets better soon..wrap up warm..

Anne-Marie said...

Belated Happy New Year wishes from both of us!

-AM

Sindy said...

allo Lannio, just a wiff an a lik from me sindybin ter wish yoo and leopold the great a very happy licky noo yer...luv an lix sindybin

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lesley,
Thanks for the weather update. I'll put the sandals away when we cross into the Great Green North. :) I've had my fix of sunshine now, I think I can make it to spring.

grace said...

Hi, I wish you a very Happy New Year, full of health and happiness.

xx