Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A little out of sorts these days

2007 hasn't been too good to me so far. I was sick last week and it has come back this week with a vengence. The doctor I visited says he's seen many people as sick as I am, but there's not a lot you can do with viruses. I'm at 38.5 or 101.3 - blah. Thats one reason why I've been a little silent these days. :(

Lots of rest, relaxation and TV for me.

Hey, thinking about TV - I want to congratulate our CBC for putting out a new show which loosely steals its name from the American classic series Little House on the Prairie. However, this series is called Little Mosque on the Prairie. It's been getting lots of media coverage

http://www.littlemosque.ca/

To quote the CBC, "Little Mosque on the Prairie, an unabashedly comedic look at a small Muslim community living side by side with the residents of a little prairie town. At the heart, Little Mosque on the Priairie is a humorous look at relationships, family, love, the generation gap and balancing Muslim beliefs and traditions in a prairie setting."

Usually I'm the last to comment on new television shows, however with recent world events, its nice to see a network create a story like this. Hopefully the formula works and all can understand more about how people from different faiths and cultures can all live side-by-side. I for one am crossing my fingers.

7 comments:

gypsy noir said...

awe i hope you feel better soon lesley plenty rest and tlc..x...

Anne-Marie said...

Hey, doppleganger blog!

I couldn't agree more in hoping that laughter can bridge some gaps.

I hope you start feeling better really soon. I'm just working on waking up. Looooong week so far, and it's just barely past the halfway mark.

ian gordon said...

Hope you're feeling better.

can't comment on the show, 'cos I don't think it airs anywhere over here. Possibly not likely to....

bookworm said...

Hi Lannio,
thanks fore your comment on my blog.
I hope your feel better. I have no TV and I couldn't see any show. We looked DVD on my laptop. It's funny if we three sit together on the sofa and look. The news I get from radio and the newspaper and the internet.I haven't a TV since 20 years.

Wish you all the best
Love and peace
Stefan

Mary Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Beth said...

Hi Lesley,

I hope you're feeling better soon. As you know, I can totally relate!

I thought Little Mosque on the Prairie was hilarious! Very well written, and good casting. I'll be watching next week's episode forsure.

Unknown said...

Hi Lannio!

I googled Little Mosque on the Prairie and it certainly does have a lot of online buzz! The show hasn't been aired in the US that I'm aware of, but I love the premise and hope that someone in broadcasting south of the border has the sensitivity and humanity to see the value in it.

I hope you're feeling better by now. Take care.

Rachel