Sunday, January 28, 2007

What a great week-end

While the week-end was supposed to start with some friends coming over to dinner – that didn’t come to pass. Sure, It may mean have some extra food to freeze or eat up, but it was actually a blessing in disguise because I still have lingering fatigue stemming from my sickness earlier in the month and so my household cleaning chores priorities haven’t happened. It also meant that I was able to sleep the entire evening away.

Saturday I was dragged to the pool by a friend and it was actually good to get some relaxing exercise. I mostly did body stretches and the like because I didn’t want to exert too much. After the pool, we went and bought a small carpet each (I LOVE shopping!!).

In the evening I went to dinner with three girlfriends at a mediocre restaurant in Toronto’s famous distillery district. Two of us liked our dishes while two of us didn’t. I’ve never had a saltier caesar salad or pasta carbonara in my life. But the highlight of the evening came when we watched the Soulpepper theatre perform the three-penny opera, most famous for the “Mack the Knife” tune. Deanna had seen it previously and liked the previous Mack the Knife performer better because of his great voice and incredible sexiness. She couldn’t initially recall his name but then remembered it was Roger Daltry. My my – how could anyone ever forget seeing Roger Daltry???

This morning I sang with my choir and also sang in a quintet, which people seemed to really like (based on feedback). This afternoon, after having a break where I purchased about five Christmas presents for next year, I participated in a singing workshop where each performer/student sang a solo. I sang GF Handel’s Angels Bright and Fair. It was a total blast.

I’m home now and ready to cuddle on the sofa under a blanket with my cats and a book next to my fireplace.

Hope you all had a good week-end.

11 comments:

Dale said...

Hi Lesley

It sounds like you had a mixture of a weekend - some easy exercise mingled with good company, good/bad food and music.

My day today was the total opposite of yesterday.
We skied our wee buns off yesterday, had a beer and nachos in the bar then came home and had a feed of lasagna.
Today I did nothing...

Have a good week!

Unknown said...

Hi! It does sound like you had a nice weekend. Relaxing, easy and fun. Good for you.

Glad to hear that you're well on the way to full recovery. It can take a while!

There's been a few bugs going around here, too. So far, for the most part, we've been lucky enough to avoid the really icky ones. Hayley had a virus last week and so did I - relatively mild, but a challenge to get through the work week. I had a serious case of DMA on Wednesday and Thursday! Better now, though!

You take care of yourself and have a good week!

Anne-Marie said...

Those friends who didn't come to dinner- what flakes! ;)

Glad that you had a good weekend, my dear. We didn't manage the movie on Friday night- Austin was quite ill, and it was a slow, relaxing one here too. Some swimming involved, some tennis tonight, and for me, a lot of novel writing and researching of agents.

You might want to consider getting those Winterlicious reservations- I hear the restaurants are getting filled up quickly.

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, I meant to add how much I like the family pictures on the sidebar.

Stevie said...

Lesleeyyyyy... what colour have you turned????

Lannio said...

Just a shade lighter than what I've been using for the last little while. I did it at the convincing of a friend. It's a little brassy right now, but'll probably be gone after I wash it tonite.

Lannio said...

AM - thanks for the comments on my family pics sidebar. They are my pride and joy. My friend/neighbour RJ likes them too ... so much in fact that she asked if she could take care of them at her place when I'm away :-)

grace said...

Hi, I love the pics of your kitties, they are so adorable. And I can imagine them cuddling up on the sofa with you. Nothing like that love from our pets. huh?! sorry to hear of you not so great dinner. I am sure the company was good though.
I too love shopping!!

xx grace

Vallypee said...

Sounds like one woman's guide to a blissful weekend. I am so looking forward to the day I can work less on my boat at weekends, and do more of the stuff I enjoy!

gypsy noir said...

im worn out just reading about your weekend..i cant say what mine was as i had my special visitor..hmmm

Anonymous said...

Good post.