Sunday, August 20, 2006

Last year at this time, I was travelling. This year I dream of travel. Here are some of my photographs from the places I've been

This is El Portal. The entrance way in the Yosemite Valley, California. I took this shot facing east at morning sunrise.

This is a sunset I took overlooking the Seine River in Paris


This is a Fijian sunset taken from a small island on a reef in the mighty South Pacific.



This is the main pyramid in Chitchenitza, Mexico. We got there really early, which is why you don't see hundreds of people scattered about.

The is the main square in Antwerp, Belgium Luckily there was some type of event going on the next day so there were risers. That's why I have such a geat high view of these buildings.


Did anyone see the movie, Lord of the Rings? Mount Ngauruhoe, on the right, is the actual active volcano in New Zealand that Peter Jackson and crew digitally altered to become Mount Doom. It is in Tongariro National Park.

I love architecture. These old Bajan houses were transportable and used by slaves in Barbados. They still stand and aren't moved around anymore, but "free" people still live in them.


I took this rural house while touring the countryside not far from Varadero Cuba.

Enjoy!
Wish I was off taking more right now.

7 comments:

gypsy noir said...

wow! you been to some really fab places...great pics...id love to visit antwerp...hmmm lots of diamonds..lol..no actually the old buildings i love old buildings..i see your sis is back...there will be trouble now in blogland she causes great unrest she does..lol..

Dale said...

...i'm not crazy.

Lannio said...

Oh Brother (or should I say sister). See what I've had to put up with? The two postings above just prove the point!

gypsy noir said...

lannio you have my deepest sympathy for the devil..lol..

Anne-Marie said...

Lannio,
Those are fantastic pictures. You've seen much of the world, which is a great thing, no? I don't teach for any other reason other than loving it, but the two months off in the summer are a great excuse to travel around and recharge my batteries in a different place. I wouldn't give up the opportunity to travel for anything else in the world, don't you agree?

P.S. I am in High Park/ Swansea. Are we neighbours?

Cheers,
AM

Mary Beth said...

Wow, you are quite the traveller! You must have a ton of great memories from these trips.

Vallypee said...

What stunning photos lannio. You are very fortunate to have seen som many of the world's wonders ;-)

The only one I recognised instantly was Antwerp - of course! Gyspy, I'll show you around. diamonds? No problem....

BTW I've been to the original inspiration for Lord of the Rings, which was the mountain kingdom of Lesotho..very mystical and beautiful too.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories with us