Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Plutonians Speak

Hi, I am Pluto and I have hijacked Lannio's blog to speak on behalf of all the Plutonians, my fellow citizens.


Today we are very depressed because our home has been downgraded and demoted.

Back in 1930 we were all so happy because you earthlings discovered us and said we lived on a place (a planet), equivalent to earth. However, now you earthlings consider our home a "dwarf planet," leaving eight planets, including yours, with the more superior rating of a planet. We plutonians are not happy about this!

Pluto, which is said to be smaller than your planet's moon, now doesn't fit your earthling new criteria for a planet.We apparently don't qualify because our orbit is inclined relative to the rest of the solar system and crosses over the orbit of Neptune. If we had known this, we would have set our planet in another direction. It's just that we like to be friendly and like the Neptunians. Now, just because we wanted to be friendly, we are now shunned.

This is a total outrage!

I believe that this calls for an official meeting with Star Trek's Federation!

You earthlings have not heard the last of us Plutonians!

10 comments:

Vallypee said...

Hey plutonians, you have my utmost sympathy! I feel very sad for your demotion to the 2nd division of the planetary league. I believe you are now classified as a kind of sub planet....as my Sin would say..S'not fair!

Vallypee said...

PS Lesotho is lovely Lannio..very wild, totally remote, not mod cons but the most beautiful mountains and flowers in a wonderful climate. Check out www.malealea.co.ls/. I'd love to go back there!

Lannio said...

Val,

When you told me about it - I spent about 20 minutes looking at different web-sites. It certainly looks beautiful and seems to be very very unique. Such a big world we live in with special places all over the place.

Anne-Marie said...

Argh,
And I have to rewrite my grade 6 science unit about space because of all of this! ;)

-AM

Vallypee said...

DALE!!!!! Up urAnus too!

Sindy said...

Allo Lannio, i'se Sindybin. I'se jus wanted ter say ello ter your moggy frend leowotsit. I'se just a doggy ov very iccle brain but I'se reeeely sweet an cuddly
luv an lix
Sindybin

Dale said...

Val - that was angus...

Mary Beth said...

It's funny you post the picture of Pluto the dog, because when I read of the downgrading of Pluto, that's the first thing I thought of! As you can tell, I'm not must of an astonomer. *L*

Dale - shame on you!! *LOL*

grace said...

...looks like we need a Plutonian rally!

Dale said...

Hi Lannio!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Love
Dale

...angus is such a brat...