Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Autumn Splendor

Autumn Splendor

Summer time has gone my friends,
it slowly comes but quickly ends.
It's been replaced by a time called Autumn
when nature changes hues from top to bottom.
Green gives way to red and gold, a lovely vision to behold.
Whirling leaves go blowing by,
carrying smells of pumpkin pie.
The air turns crips, the sky fades grey,
indian corn and bales of hay.
Overcoats and apple cidre
no more evenings without attire.
The harvest moon so orange and round
holidays will soon abound
Chrysanthemum petals start to unfold,
a lovely vision to behold

The photo is taken at one of my most favorite places in the world: Lake MacDonald in the Laurentian Mountains, Quebec

Autumn has always been one of my most favourite times of the year

11 comments:

gypsy noir said...

beautiful picture lannio..its my favourite time too...

Anne-Marie said...

Lovely picture, Lannio. I like the fall, and the fact that Canada has four seasons. I just wish the bridge seasons were longer.

Koos F said...

It's a view and a season I'd be happy to cross the Atlantic for.
Thanks for sharing that with us, Lannio!
I'm trying to find out where Lake MacDonald is, but the only place that pops up in my memory is Lac St-Jean - not that I mind.

ian gordon said...

beautiful photo.

Also my favourite time of year. Can't help but feel optimistic about things to come. Everything seems possible in Autumn.

Vallypee said...

What an incredible photo Lannio. The peace in that expanse of water; the soft light of autumn and the colours of the trees on the distant bank. It seems that many of us love autumn, which is interesting because it is the closing of the year, but it has so much atmosphere and gentleness. I love it too.

Dale said...

Fall is my favourite season, too!

This is where we grew up...

Koos F said...

Hi Lannio
I found Lac MacDonald, almost 90km West-North-West of Montreal, some 30 km North of Hawkesbury.
Google Earth doesn't present that in hi-res yet...
Koos

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lannio,
Thanks for the boost, my dear. Perhaps what is in order is a dinner in the west end, when you've got a moment free. How about we trade emails and decide on a date?

Cheers,
AM

Mary Beth said...

Hi Lannio,

This poem evokes everything I love about autumn. It's also my favourite time of year. I just wish this season was longer before the snow comes for another loooooong winter!

Dale said...

...when I was home last summer, Paul asked if I "miss all this", and pointed to the lake and the mountains beyond.

I said "no, because I have it all, but on a different scale, where I live now"...

:)

Dale said...

Good luck, Lannio.

Hugs to you and I'm holding your hand in my mind...

Love
Dale