Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Joy of Singing

One of the nicest things about Fall is that I'm singing again in my choir.

To me I think of singing as a discipline and art that opens out a way for my imprisoned splendour to escape. It's a means for finding what is best and brightest, what resonates most beautifully within my soul. When I open myself to the immediacy and joy of singing, especially with with others, I move closer to wholeness, closer to awareness, empowered by a harmony that lacks no love and has no need to find fault. By making music, I feel like I'm expressing what is noblest, deepest, and most worthy in life. I can only hope that those listening or creating the music with me, those experiencing the art, resonate to this beauty and move toward the same wholeness, awareness, and harmony within themselves.


We have our first performance tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it..

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hi Lannio,

Good luck with the performance! Singing is a gift, as all music is. I don't know what my life would be without music. I was told as a child by our singing teacher that I have a good singing voice...though I'm far too shy to share that!! The most I can share is piano, but the nervous mistakes are rampamt once anyone is watching and listening. *L*

Dale said...

Yes, I remember your fabulous voice as you sang your heart out at the end of the dock - The Sound of Music at age four...

You have a gift and a talent!

Most of all, have fun at the performance!

Love ya.

Koos F said...

I wish you great fun at the performance, Lannio - though fun may be a meagre description of what the experience really is like...

Lannio said...

For Dale:

Wee oh wee oh wee oh wee .... sung to the tune of my fair lady's isn't she lovely, while rocking side to side.

Love ya too

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lannio,
I hope your performance went well. I'd love to be in a choir, just never thought of actively seeking one out.

Cheers,
AM

ian gordon said...

Best wishes for the performance.