Saturday, September 30, 2006

Think Purple

I've been stressed lately, so I'm trying to "Think Purple".

Our reaction to colour is almost instantaneous and has a profound impact on our lives.

Purple is interesting as it embodies the balance of red (stilmuation) and blue (calm). This dichotomy can cause unrest or uneasiness unless the undertone is clearly defined. I say blue!

Overall, I find purple positively affects me both mentally and physically. It uplifts me, calms my mind and nerves, offers a sense of spirituality and encourages some bizarre creativity.

The language of Purple:

purple prose: an elabrorately written poem or paragraph in liteature. (Like Dale, Val and Anne-Marie)

born to the purple: a person who is born into a noble or royal family. (not like me)

lay it out in lavendar: very cool, relaxed and in control (what I hope to be)

The scent of Purple:

Lavender: The scent of Lavender is said to be stress reducing. It reminds me of those fabulous days I spent living in France. Aromatherapy benefits: Balancing, soothing, gently clarifying, normalizing.

Wisteria: Romance lingers in this mysterious hanging garden. This scent is remarkable. Great for all year, wonderful for Spring, and Summer. Very romantic. Aromatherapy benefits: Romantic, sensual, calming, relaxing, anchoring.

The Food of Purple:

The Grape: I love purple grapes, but my favourite is the North American Concord Grape.

Purple Haze: OK Jimi fans, there is actually a purple haze carrot! Sweet tasting and popular in restaurants.

Aaaah! doing this exercise, has helped me be calm and eliminate some of the stress.

8 comments:

Dale said...

I was going to mention Purple Haze, but you beat me to it!

My favourite colour is burgundy...

I wonder what that means.

Hope you are well and hanging in there.

Love ya
Dale

Lannio said...

Good! Then my quilt purchase was bang on!

Just waiting to meet up with Anne-Marie. It's a cold rainy day - more like November than September.

Luv ya 2

Unknown said...

Lannio,

I have to say I've never seen any color described as you have done here. It's perfect! And so true. I love purple, but it's not my 'favorite' color. That would have to be blue, especially teal blues.

Burgundy and gold were my wedding colors, though.

I, too, hope you are hanging in there!

Unknown said...

"I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it." (The Color Purple).

Anne-Marie said...

It was lovely meeting up with you tonight. Next time, when we're both 100%, you bet it'll go on and on for hours. You're great company and I quite enjoyed the evening.

Craven Road and Gerard. Have you got that, Koos?

Have a great night, Lannio.

jillytee said...

Well hi Lannio! Thanks for visiting. I've just taken a peek at your blog, I love the words of Maya Angelou and your beautiful cats too. My favourite colour has always been blue in all it's shades. I love to travel but only recently have been able to, family, money, work etc....
We are off to Canada and then to La to see The Who next month!
Will drop by again soon
Jilly

Mary Beth said...

Hi Lannio,

Oh, I LOVE purple. I never thought of doing a blog study of colour like you did here - very interesting!

I've never seen purple carrots before - that's pretty neat! :)

grace said...

Hi Lannio, I hope that your shoulder is doing better. I have shoulder problems, I have a cist inbetween the joint in there, I have periodic antinflammatory shots.
I love the colour purple, it has always been one that stands out for me. I saw that you and Anne Marie met up and had a nice time. Hope all is well

xx Grace