Monday, September 25, 2006

Ouch!

I may be off the computer more than usual this week because I have a "major ouchy".


This morning I felt fine, but when at work I raised my arm and I got a searing pain in my shoulder that felt like a hot knife jabbing into me.

Bang!

After that: restricted movement and searing pain when I moved my arm in certain directions. Yikes, I hate not knowing what happened – but knew it was muscular so after work I ran to a massage therapist who told me that I somehow injured one of my four rotator cuff muscles. She told me that I need rest, do hydra therapy, avoid lifting my arm and stay off the computer as much as possible L because it adds shoulder strain. She even suggested I stay home from work tomorrow (ha! Fat chance of that or totally vacating my computer!). Oh, and no swimming for five days either …. So this week looks a bit gloomy!

I guess bodies are like modern technology – they’re great until they break down!


8 comments:

ian gordon said...

Sounds like the dreaded "frozen shoulder" syndrome.

Unknown said...

Hi. Ouch is right. Been there! I sprained my rotator cuff a couple years ago.

Mine happened suddenly, too, but I tried to nurse it along for a couple of months myself before I broke down and went to the doc. She shook her finger at me and sent me to see a physical therapist.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

PS: Hot tubs are good for sprained things....enjoy your hydrotherapy!

Dale said...

I hope Lannio's world off-line is as good as hers on-line!

Sorry to hear about your injury.

Our ancient technology bodies are far better than any modern technology...

Rest and get well soon.

Love Ya
Dale

Mary Beth said...

Ouch, Lannio! I hope you're feeling better soon. Have you figure out how you injured it?

I know of 2 kitties that would enjoy it if you'd stay home from work and snuggle with them all day. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to work as heating pads for your shoulder.

Stay off the computer??? What kind of advice is THAT?? That's crazy talk!! *L*

gypsy noir said...

try some WD40 on the joint oil it up a bit...no! that was a joke..

gypsy noir said...

hope it feels better soon..

Anne-Marie said...

Lannio,
I'm sorry to read about this- it's a hard part to heal, because of all the connections.

I'm heading off to the Walk-in clinic at the local hospital after work today for a similar case- my right shoulder blade and the corresponding front pec are both quite sore, and I suspect I have something like you are describing. It has hurt for 2 days now, and I think it was a combo of tennis, swimming and yoga that knocked something about over the weekend. I hope it's nothing worse- three days without anything other than walking is already too long for me.

I hope you feel better, my dear.

Cheers,
AM

Dale said...

I am thinking of you...