Saturday, September 23, 2006

On This Day, September 23rd

September 23: the 266th day of this year with 99 days remaining. The first day of autumn - Northern Hemisphere and spring - Southern Hemisphere. The beginning of Rosh Hashanah (Jewish new year)


Many events have occured on this day, such as the births of Julio Iglesias, Spanish singer (1943), Bruce Springsteen, American singer (1949), Jason Alexander, American Actor (1959) and the death of Sigmund Freud, Austrian psychiatrist (1939).

However, nine years ago on this day my life changed forever!!!

On September 23, 1997 . . . .

My Ex and I came home to our old house after eating a fabulous Indian meal at our favourite downtown restaurant.

We went to the basement to check on our two cats Nuno and Yngwie ....

...... however, when we arrived there were not only two cats but eight!

My life changed on that day because my two furry companions and feline heros were born.

Happy Birthday to Leo (Leopold Paganini) and Rory (Rorschach Bach)


These two have been wonderful company for me over the past nine years and have helped me thru the difficult times (lost jobs, loves, and money) and shared the good times (including the new adventures and jobs). They've even tolerated my absences when I trek to different countries and continents.



I devote this day to them!


5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Nothing beats a loving cat.Or two.

Happy birthday, boys!

Dale said...

I didn't know Leo and Rory were brothers...Happy Birthdays to you!

The photos are fabulous, Lannio!

Beth's friend has a wee kitten who lives with a bunch of bachelors, another older cat and a dog that has coyote in her...
The wee kitten - I don't know her name, but I christened her "Oakley" today, because she has a big "O" on each side...

I love the coyote dog - rescued from a native reserve and the SPCA...
I will take a picture of Tucker and post it one day - she's beautiful!

Again I wish Leo and Rory a Happiest of 9th Birthdays...same age as Jenny!

Hope all is well.

Love Ya
Dale

Unknown said...

Those really are wonderful pictures! Such character! Happy Birthday to both!

I've never heard the name Oakley for a pet. I like it. Maybe it will stick. It's better than 'Oh Oh' lol

Our cat is out keeping the neighborhood safe from mice, but the dog, Honeybear, is crashed on my left leg while my laptop is on my right. She's a mixed breed - mainly chow (we're told) and fox terrier. But tonight she's worn out from a very busy evening.

My 17-month-old neice was here tonight. Honeybear is never quite sure what to make of Maya and now that she's walking the poor dog is even more confused! Maya, of course, is absolutly fascinated by Honeybear. She followed her around most of the evening.

One of Honeybear's favorite pastimes is begging - she's actually quite good at it. While meals are being prepared and/or cleaned up after, she will get up on her hind legs and dance around to make sure we know she's there and on the very brink of starvation! (No, she really isn't very well trained:)

Anyway, tonight Maya thought the dancing doggie was just the funniest thing in the world. She grinned, giggled and 'danced' with honeybear in the kitchen. Too cute!

Happy happy again to your cats. They're very lucky to have you for their person.

grace said...

Yeah our loving pets!!!

xox grace

Mary Beth said...

Oh, look at those beautiful eyes...like windows into 2 mysterious souls.

They are so fuzzy and gorgeous, I could just hug up the picture!

I can't live without a cat or 2. Sam is my absolute baby and has helped me though many a lonely time, and Lulu (though I haven't had her as long as Sam, but still 4 years now) is as sweet as pie and always makes me smile. I just don't understand these people who say they don't like cats. There's something so wrong with that!!