Saturday, November 25, 2006

Anne Marie, A married woman

I just came home after attending the wonderful wedding of Anne Marie and her new husband Austin. What an honour it was to attend and represent the blogging world.

The ceremony was short, quaint and perfect. The gentleman officiating the ceremony did it with gusto and flair perfect to the tastes of the married couple. There were several chuckles thru the ceremony however the words that were spoken by the officiator, thru the two readings and the personal vows of Anne-Marie and Austin were sincere, thought provoking and very poignant - beautiful actually.

News has it that Austin was extremely nervous before the ceremony while Anne-Marie was as relaxed, cheerful and normal as could be.

I didn't have a clear view to take good shots, but I'm posting what I have, after making some very quick and not so perfect photoshop adjustments (to eliminate people's shoulders or heads!)

Currently, Anne-Marie is still at the beautiful historic Old Mill with her new husband and family. By now she's probably feeling like a movie star with all the photographs she's having done.

In a couple of hours I will be rejoining her, along with all the other guests for a night of food, drinks and celebration.

Feel free to leave your comments here for Anne-Marie. When I see her again, I'll be telling her that I've posted this blog so I'm sure she'll be checking in sometime soon to see what type of post I've done and comments that have been received.

20 comments:

Dale said...

Those are great shots, EL!

I love Anne-Marie's dress and Austin looks very dashing.

Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Love
Dale

Dale said...

Have a swingin' time tonight!

Vallypee said...

Great shots indeed Lannio! Wonderful to see them so fresh from the event. Anne Marie looks radiant and happy, and that's such a lovely photo of her with her sister laughing in the background. Please give both of them a big hug from us, and tell her we are watching froma afar ;-) Lots of love, Val and Koos xxxxx

ian gordon said...

Nice to see these Lannio. Job well done.

Koos F said...

Thanks Lannio, you are really spoiling us by doing an intermediate post!
That's the Anne-Marie we've come to love.

Dan L. said...

I wish all the very best!

--Dan L.

Anonymous said...

Anne Marie, congratulations. It looked like a lovely ceremony. Bravo!

Alecia said...

Fabulous!!! Thanks so much for the shots Lannio! If your reading or hearing about our good wishes, feel the vibes all the way from the middle of America dear A.M and Austin! All the best to you two!!!

>>>the two readings and the personal vows of Anne-Marie and Austin were sincere, thought provoking and very poignant - beautiful actually.

That is exactly how I would describe Anne-Marie! they both look beautiful and radiant!

Anonymous said...

Great job Lannio! Thank you so much for posting these. They both look so happy - and Anne-Marie looks truly radiant and....calm.

Congratulations and very best wishes A-M and Austin!

Anonymous said...

Great job Lannio! Thank you so much for posting these. They both look so happy - and Anne-Marie looks truly radiant and....calm.

Congratulations and very best wishes A-M and Austin!

Anonymous said...

Oops!

Lannio said...

The reception was great too. I was one of the last bunch to leave (big surprise - lol).

Everyone had a blast. A beautiful buffet spread was awaiting for us with all types of salads, fruits, cheeses, vegetables, cold cuts, chicken, beef and desserts. The bar was also serving a flow of many great potent potables.

The DJ was fantastic and had us dancing all night (our poor feet!).

A highlight for me was when I started singing outloud to Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meatloaf alone on the dance floor (with the music of course) and Anne Marie got up and joined me. We both sang the words to the right melody and had many in stitches.

So happy to share it with you. I passed all your greetings on to Anne Marie and she can't wait to get online herself. It may take awhile as she still has relatives/inlaws in town. She says thanks and sends her love to you all.

gypsy noir said...

wow! brilliant photos lannio..
anne marie looks beautiful..
they both radiate happiness..
bless them both..

Mary Beth said...

Great shots, Lannio! They both look beautiful, and I'm sure a wonderful day was had by all. My best to the happy couple, if you see them before Anne-Marie posts again!

Anne-Marie said...

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! We're just back home to wake up with some coffee, and then off to brunch with Austin's family before they fly back to the US today.

It was a wonderful day, and I'll put up some pics when I receive some from friends. Last night, I gave our blogger correspondant here my camera card because she had forgotten hers, and so she took all the pictures.

It was a great night, everything hit a perfect note, and I wish you'd all been there. I especially loved bouncing up and down to My Generation. Great pics, Lesley!

Suesjoy said...

Oh great pics!
Thanks for sharing them with us!

jillytee said...

Lovely photos! The dress is georgeous and Anne-Marie looks stunning.
jill

E.L. Wisty said...

Great shots! I am very very happy for Anne-Marie and Austin!

Maria

grace said...

All the best Anne Marie for a great and happy and wonderful life together. xxoo Grace

grace said...

All the best Anne Marie for a great and happy and wonderful life together. xxoo Grace