Saturday, November 04, 2006

Six Degrees of Separation pared down to zero

Thank you “crazy sis” for introducing me to this blogging system.

I first heard about blogging last winter when Dale was talking about her daily activities over the phone. I remember her talking about friends she made all over the world, including this school teacher in Toronto and how real, genuine and fun the whole blogging thing was. However, it wasn’t until Dale and I met up this summer at Mum and Dads and I saw her sit and their computer that I really became interested in this “strange world of blogging”.

After I returned home, I immediately started blogging myself. It was a lonely and solitude place at first, until I started talking to some of Dale’s blogging friends. Well, when they learned that I was Dale’s sister – every embraced and welcomed me to blogging land, including this Toronto school teacher.

Being fortunate enough to live in Toronto, this teacher and I met up and we became instant friends. This teacher, Anne-Marie is so lively, intelligent, spontaneous, genuine, verbose and funny that you can’t help but want her to be your friend. I was lucky because she seemed to like me and so we instantly became good friends.

Last night I was honoured to be invited to Anne-Marie’s pool hall wine shower by her lovely sister. I went and met a whole crowd of wonderfully warm, intelligent and lively woman. Lucky for me we were all at the same pool playing “skill” level. I use quotations because I’m not sure how much “skill” was actually in this crowd. Myself included!

I am equally honoured to have been invited to Anne-Marie’s wedding on November 25th. I am looking forward to attending, will bring my camera and will report back to all our blogging friends quickly.

I find myself to be extremely lucky to live close enough to Anne-Marie to go to the wedding. However, knowing her, she wishes that all of us in “blog land” lived close by because I’m sure she would invite the whole gang if it were possible.

So, thank you sis for introducing this great new communication mechanism to me. Even tho you live thousands of kilometers/miles away from me, you introduced me to a new good friend.

Hummm, who do I bring to the wedding? All the men I currently know are either gay, married or in relationships. lol

6 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Aww, you're so sweet. The women last night really were a great bunch, weren't they? I am so lucky to have their friendship and support- this is why I smile a lot in life, these good friends and relations.

And I am actually a better pool player than was apparent last night, but just slightly. :)

Oh, one more thing- I would have absolutely loved to have had the far and wide bloggers here in a few weeks' time. Even though many of us have never met, and some of us met all too briefly over the summer, I consider them all my friends and wish we could all dance the night away together.

Thank you, my dear, for this very sweet post. I'm going to print it out for my sister to see as we are off to take her and the mister to dinner for all her hard work last night, and his fixing of wall units and faucets tomorrow. :)

Have a great weekend!

Vallypee said...

Dear Lannio, I haven't had time to read all these posts yet, but I will, especially this one...am quite envious of your being AM's nearly neighbour. Would so have loved to be there too...she's kind of special to me, that one...xx till soon, and thanks for all the (((hugs))) you sent my way..they are well reciprocated!

Mary Beth said...

HI Lannio,

Dale is your sister??!! I didn't know that!!! Where have I been? *L*

You never know who you're going to meet on this big web. I met my husband on internet, amd my best friend in high school also met hers. Strange world!!

Lannio said...

That's cool MB. I've never had luck meeting guys on the net. But I've met some great friends. The world sure ain't the way it used to be 20 years ago.

Dale said...

Oh hell, bring a gay one...

Dale said...

And you're very welcome, dear Sis!

It's nice having real family included in my extended blogging family.
I have Pete and Rachel to thank for introducing me to blogging...

You are lucky to have been able to meet a fellow blogger in the flesh, too!
I had a conversation with Mary Beth last summer when I was at Glen's - I was hoping to maybe get a chance to meet up with her, but alas, it was not to be.

... great talking with you, though MB!

Have fun at the wedding, EL - I hope to be skiing at Lake Louise that day during the World Cup held there.

:)
Dale xx